We’re committed to your privacy and we respect it. We’ll always keep your data safe and secure. This policy defines what information we collect about you and how we use it.
Lovewhere.co.uk is owned and operated by LWYL Ltd.
Lovewhere.co.uk is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: LWYL Ltd, a limited company with registered number12965232. LWYL Ltd is registered, and operates, in the United Kingdom.
Registered address: Mill House, Court Farm, Church Lane, Norton, Worcester, WR5 2PS
You can also contact us through our contact us page.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (https://ico.org.uk). In the UK, please read: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/raising-concerns/ for details of how to do this. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please do contact us in the first instance.
The information we collect and how we use it
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, submit a product review, send messages to another Buyer or Seller, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
We collect this information either because it is necessary in the performance of a contract with you, or in our legitimate interests to do so or to meet our legal obligations.
Here are the details of the data we collect and what it is used for:
- We collect details of your name, address, phone number and email address so that we can can do a range of things including:
- Sending you updates such as order updates.
- Send you details on new promotions or products which is in our legitimate interest to do so, so that we can improve our service to you and continue to grow LWYL Ltd. We will always give you an option to opt out of marketing messages.
- Our local sellers need your information to fulfil and deliver your orders.
- We need to be able to get in touch with you to help you when needed.
- To prevent and/or detect fraud against either you or us.
- To enable you to make full and proper use of our site including features like the Wish List, allowing you to communicate with buyers and managing your orders.
- We collect details of your payment information but we do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored through our contracted third-party provider. Your card payment details are encrypted in your browser and this data is securely transferred to our third-party payment provider in order to process payment. This allows up to take payment and to give refunds (or to allow our local sellers to pay you). It also detects and prevents any fraud against either you or us.
- We also collect your purchase history and any saved items, for example what you have bought and any items that you stored in your basket. This helps us to:
- Ensure that local sellers can fulfil your orders
- So that we can see what you like which helps us to improve your customer journey.
- Simply, to enable you to buy things.
- So that LWYL Ltd and our local sellers can provide you with the very best customer service and improve our business.
- We collect your contact history e.g. conversations we’ve had over social media or on the phone. This is vital to ensure that we’re doing one of the most important things to LWYL Ltd, consistently improving our customer service and support to you. It’s also enables us to train our staff appropriately to always ensure the very best customer service standards.
- To improve our website to make sure you’re getting the best experience possible, we collect information about you use our website and information about your phone or computer device e.g. laptop. We collect information when you’re looking on our site including your IP address and if you choose to share, your location data. We also look at how you use our website to help improve the customer journey. These details also help us to prevent and detect fraud against either you or LWYL Ltd.
You are under no obligation to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be be possible to buy from our site, and you are unlikely to receive our very best customer experience, however, we fully respect your choice should you choose not to consent to this.
Sharing your information
We will never sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. Your trust is important to us and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we do share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, the local sellers themselves and any third-party fulfilment partners and delivery companies they might use. Each only receives the data they need to provide the relevant service, and strictly only for that purpose.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, marketing system providers, advertising partners and website hosts or anyone we trust to help us run our business.
There are some circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others, including:
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers for purposes including analytics, testing or research. If this happens, we will always make sure that you cannot be identified personally.
- We will not share your details with third parties for any other reason.
If you have subscribed to receive our marketing or you have created an account or ordered from us, you will receive marketing messages via email and possibly post. This is so that we can share offers and information on products and services to keep you up to date with what’s going on at LWYL Ltd and to help you find product and services that we think you’ll love.
This is in our legitimate interests to do so but we strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly when it comes to marketing. You will always have the choice to opt out of these marketing messages when you first create an account or make a purchase. It is your choice to stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time, to do that, simply:
- Contacting us
- Through the Communication Preferences in your LWYL Ltd account
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent to that.
We will often use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products and services.
Like many companies, we may target LWYL Ltd banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, for example, Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of LWYL Ltd or on LWYL Ltd banners or ads that you have previously clicked on.
We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
Access – your rights to your personal information and how you can exercise them:
- You have the right to be informed about how we use your personal information and this privacy should contain all the details you need about how to exercise those rights.
- It is your right to access any personal information that we hold about you or your business at any time. Most of your information can be found in your LWYL account. Please contact us for any further details.
Correction of your personal information and how you can exercise them:
- You have the right to ask us to correct any of your personal information that is incorrect. Again, most of your information can be corrected and edited directly through your LWYL account but for anything else, please contact us and we’ll be happy to make any corrections for you.
Deletion of your personal date and how you can exercise your right to do so:
- You have the right to ask us to delete your data or, if applicable, to stop collecting or processing it. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
You have the right to stop direct marketing messages. You can do this by simply amending your communication preferences in your LWYL account or you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ message at the bottom of any email marketing that you receive.
You have the right to ask us to transfer or port elements of your information/data to either you, a third-party or another service provider. Please get in touch with us and we will give you the information you need to allow you to do so.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, if you have a complaint, or you just have some questions for us, please get in touch.
If you ask us to stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for reasons set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to give you all of the services and customer support offered to our users under this privacy notice and our terms and conditions.
You will not be charged to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may also refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
In order to keep you and your account with us safe, we may need to ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is an important security measure to make sure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who has no right to it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request.
Protecting your information
Unfortunately, the Internet is not 100% secure when it comes to communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that either you send to us or we send to you via the Internet. We are therefore not responsible for any damages which you, or anyone else may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We do, however, take every precaution to protect your valuable information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only our employees, our local sellers and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific job are given access to personally identifiable information.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account with us, or as long as is needed to be able to provide our services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our LWYL Customer Services team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide services to you.
Our local sellers’ privacy policies:
Our valued local sellers are bound by the same legislation as us.
In using lovewhere.co.uk our local sellers (and their affiliates), agree not to:
- sell, barter, disclose or transfer to any third party, any data passed to them as a result of any transaction via the site (e.g. personal data of any user), or permit any third party to have access to the same;
- send to any lovewhere.co.uk user any non-electronic direct-mail marketing;
- send to any lovewhere.co.uk user any electronic communication except as necessary to complete any buyer’s transaction or to respond to a customer service enquiry made by such buyer concerning such transaction;
- use any domain name (or any part of it) on lovewhere.co.uk and/or otherwise in any communications that they have with any user of lovewhere.co.uk;
- target unsolicited communications of any kind to any user of the site.